Preference is given to projects and activities that ensure innovation or enrich professional performing arts. For example: festivals for dance, theater, music or mixed performing arts with a national or regional reach. Or projects that provide an impulse for the performing arts, such as the development of formats or a change of direction.
Dioraphte also wants to promote the development of new talent (professional makers and performers). Particularly talent/maker development schemes, competitions, and performing arts festivals aimed at supporting young talent.
Dioraphte only provides financial support to professional organizations. Other important factors are: the size of the project budget, the financial size of the applicant organization and the relationship between the two. Dioraphte seeks mid-size projects. For large projects, a financial contribution from Dioraphte would be too small compared to the total budget. For small projects, these are often local initiatives, instead of regional or national ones.
Adviser - contact Performing Arts
Drs. Lonneke Regter
www.musonia.nl - email@example.com - +31 620499685
Guidelines and criteria
The Dioraphte Foundation (the Fund) applies the following guidelines and criteria:
- The Fund provides financial support to organisations that aim to serve the public in the Netherlands and abroad.
- The Fund focuses on enabling clearly defined projects. We do not support projects that have been partially or completely realised by the time of the grant application.
- We prefer projects that serve a large segment of society.
- The Fund can support projects with a multi-year term (generally 2 to 4 years), but this support is never permanent.
- Our grants may be used to cover operational deficits, wages that are not related to the project at hand, people's livelihoods and costs associated with the day-to-day business of running an organisation.
- Please ensure that your application comes with clear and well-presented financial data. You must enclose an investment budget (where applicable), an operating budget and a financing scheme.
- Dioraphte also provides indirect support through co-operation with third parties (including charitable funds).
- Applications for financial support for the benefit of an individual will not be processed.
- Dioraphte does not financially support governments, government bodies or organisations that are heavily subsidised by the government (directly or indirectly).
- Dioraphte does not support commercial organisations.
- Dioraphte does not support activities or projects with of a predominantly political or religious nature.
- When submitting their applications, applicants must demonstrate that they do not possess the means (or sufficient means) to fund the project themselves. If it transpires at a later date that the applicant at the time of the application possessed capital or funds in their own or in another party's name, or that they had other means or earnings that were not disclosed in writing at the time or afterwards, the Fund may withdraw its offer of a grant and request restitution of any monies already paid.
In all cases, the Dioraphte Foundation's Board decision is final. No appeal is possible. Furthermore, the Board shall not be bound to justify its decision.
The guidelines outlined above may be subject to revision without prior consultation.