Dioraphte provides financial support for social projects that aim to improve the situation of people in the Netherlands living in poverty and isolation, in particular the elderly and people with disabilities. This includes care and counseling.
Our key words are dignity and independence for elderly people, people with a social - physical and/or mental disability as well as people with a migration/refugee background.
Dioraphte prefers to focus on projects and activities that reach large groups of people in society.
Projects may run for several years.
Support is provided through donations, which can be:
- Unconditional donations, where Dioraphte grants an amount based on a request, according to the conditions provided with the grant.
- Maximum donations, where Dioraphte determines a maximum contribution based on the budget in the request. The final report determines the actual contribution, which is calculated based on the difference between the planned expenditure in the application budget and the actual expenditure.
Guidelines and criteria
The Dioraphte Foundation (the Fund) applies the following guidelines and criteria:
- The Fund provides financial support to organisations that aim to serve the public in the Netherlands and abroad.
- The Fund focuses on enabling clearly defined projects. We do not support projects that have been partially or completely realised by the time of the grant application.
- We prefer projects that serve a large segment of society.
- The Fund can support projects with a multi-year term (generally 2 to 4 years), but this support is never permanent.
- Our grants may be used to cover operational deficits, wages that are not related to the project at hand, people's livelihoods and costs associated with the day-to-day business of running an organisation.
- Please ensure that your application comes with clear and well-presented financial data. You must enclose an investment budget (where applicable), an operating budget and a financing scheme.
- Dioraphte also provides indirect support through co-operation with third parties (including charitable funds).
- Applications for financial support for the benefit of an individual will not be processed.
- Dioraphte does not financially support governments, government bodies or organisations that are heavily subsidised by the government (directly or indirectly).
- Dioraphte does not support commercial organisations.
- Dioraphte does not support activities or projects with of a predominantly political or religious nature.
- When submitting their applications, applicants must demonstrate that they do not possess the means (or sufficient means) to fund the project themselves. If it transpires at a later date that the applicant at the time of the application possessed capital or funds in their own or in another party's name, or that they had other means or earnings that were not disclosed in writing at the time or afterwards, the Fund may withdraw its offer of a grant and request restitution of any monies already paid.
In all cases, the Dioraphte Foundation's Board decision is final. No appeal is possible. Furthermore, the Board shall not be bound to justify its decision.
Preliminary applications can be done via the link on page below. We will not respond to preliminary applications that do not fit with our Guidelines & Criteria and we will not respond to (preliminary) applications submitted by regular e-mail or on paper.
The guidelines outlined above may be subject to revision without prior consultation.
First submit a preliminary application
You must first submit a preliminary application. Use the box 'Brief description of your application' to give concise information about:
- Your organisation
- Objectives of your application
- Expected results
- Total costs involved
- Amount requested from Dioraphte
Depending on the planned board meetings, our response can take a few days or a few weeks.
After you receive a positive response to your preliminary application, you can submit a complete application (see below under 'Submit a complete application').
A complete application will only be taken into consideration if one of our advisers has invited you to submit it.
Submit preliminary Application
Submit a complete application
If you've been invited by our advisers to submit a complete application, please ensure your application meets the conditions described in the following link .
Criteria for complete application
The general terms and conditions for grants can be viewed via the following link.
General terms and Conditions of Grant Awards
Advisers - contactpersons Social Initiatives in the Netherlands
Henk J.Th. van Stokkom - DoenDenkers® - email@example.com
Elderly people - people with a social handicap (poverty & social isolation)
Mustapha Charifi MSc MA - MC Management & Advies - firstname.lastname@example.org
People with a migration/refugee background - people with a physical and/or mental disability.
Project administration (requests - reports - payment requests)
After you receive an invitation from the advisor of the board to submit a complete application, you can send your complete application to Inge van Stokkom - van Veen - email@example.com
Reports and payment requests can also be mailed to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsolicited proposals and requests sent to email@example.com are not appreciated, and you will not receive a response to those.
Visiting address – courier address
PO Box 255, 3300 AG DORDRECHT THE NETHERLANDS