Dioraphte supports social projects that aim to improve human dignity and self-sufficiency. We focus on people living in poverty, people with disabilities, the elderly and persons from a refugee or migrant background.
We prefer projects and activities that reach large groups of people in our society. That is why we focus on initiatives that go beyond the local, or to local initiatives that have the potential to grow into projects with regional or even national impact.
In principle, we do not support the following matters:
• purchase, restoration, renovation or new construction of immovable and movable property,
• festivities, participation in and/or organization of symposia, congresses, conferences, publishing books, building websites or producing films and other similar things.
Projects Pre-application Advisors and contact
Emergency aid should not be left to chance
Room to breathe for child and parent(s)
The Mano Foundation
From refugee to fully fledged citizen
Providing practical support to overcome social isolation
Your application process with Dioraphte begins with a preliminary application. You can only submit a preliminary application via the link below. Preliminary applications that have been submitted through ‘regular’ email or through the post will not be processed by us.
Dioraphte applies the following general guidelines and criteria:
- Dioraphte provides financial support to Public Interest Organisations in the Netherlands and abroad (ANBIs recognised by the Dutch tax authorities). We do not support any commercial institutions, nor do we consider applications for financial support for individuals.
- The application is related to one of the following work areas: Social Initiatives in the Netherlands, Performing Arts or Cultural Heritage. For Social Initiatives in Africa and Science & Research we do not accept unsolicited proposals. It is by invition only.
- Preliminary applications can only be submitted through our online portal. We will only process a Complete Application when one of our advisors has invited you to submit it in response to your preliminary application.
- The fund has a preference for clearly defined projects. Projects that have already been realised, in whole or in part, during the course of the application process are excluded from support. We prefer projects that have widespread public support.
- Projects may have a duration of several years. Projects that run for a few (in general 2 to 4) years can be supported, but the support will never have a permanent character.
- The application must be clear and transparent in financial terms. You must provide an investment budget (if applicable), an operating budget and a financing plan. Operational deficits, non-project related salaries, living expenses, as well as costs related to the day-to-day running of the organisation may also be covered.
- The applicant needs to demonstrate at the time of application that you do not have sufficient resources of your own to finance the project. If it emerges at a later stage that you had assets or funds at your disposal, either in your name or in the name of a third party, or any other resources or income when you applied, but did not disclose this in writing then or thereafter; we may withdraw the grant and demand repayment of any financial support granted.
- Dioraphte has chosen not to provide support to governments, government bodies or institutions subsidised directly or indirectly by a government agency. We also do not support activities or projects with a predominantly political or religious character.
- Dioraphte also provides support through collaboration with other parties, including various foundations.
Henk van Stokkom
MC Management & Advies
* Above email address is for questions, not for applications.
Project administration (applications – reports – payment requests)
All communication between applicants and Dioraphte is through this portal.