Our preference is to support projects and activities that will innovate or enrich the professional performing arts. These are often festivals of dance, theatre, music or mixed performing arts with a national or regional reach.
We are also interested in projects that give a boost to the performing arts, for example, the development of thematic formats or a change of direction such as, the creation of alternative (digital) performance venues.
In addition, we support activities that promote the inflow and advancement of professional performing arts talent. These are mainly talent- and creator pathways, competitions or performing arts festivals aimed at (young) talent.
Performing arts or film productions as an organisation’s core activity, activities for performing artists outside the Netherlands, amateur arts, cultural education and welfare projects are not covered by the award policy.
When assessing the applications, Dioraphte also examines to what extent organizations adhere to the Fair Practice Code in the fees they pay.
25th Winternachten Festival
Short films with power to change
Motus Mori Institute
Archives of the Dying Movement
Cello Sonata Netherlands
We'll never let you down
Dioraphte prefers to support projects and activities that (aim to) reach large groups of people in our society. We provide our support in the form of donations.
Your application process with Dioraphte begins with a preliminary application. You can only submit a preliminary application via the link below. Please note that during the current meeting cycle preliminary applications can only be submitted after October 18th, 2021. Preliminary applications that have been submitted through ‘regular’ email or through the post will not be processed by us.
Dioraphte applies the following general guidelines and criteria:
– The fund provides financial support to Public Interest Organisations in the Netherlands and abroad (ANBIs recognised by the Dutch tax authorities).
– Your application relates to one of the following work areas: Social Initiatives in the Netherlands, Social Initiatives in Africa, Science and Research, Performing Arts or Cultural Heritage.
– In principle, we provide support through donations. This may be a donation to a project, or it may be organisational funding. We consider two types of award:
– for an unconditional donation, Dioraphte transfers an amount based on a payment request in accordance with the terms conditions of the award;
– In the case of a maximum donation, the amount that Dioraphte will contribute will be determined on the basis of the budget specified in the application. The final assessment determines the final contribution. This is calculated using the difference between the planned expenditure and the actual expenditure at the time (this can be based on an ‘adjusted’ budget).
– Projects may have a duration of several years.
– The fund has a preference for clearly defined projects. Projects that have already been realised, in whole or in part, during the course of the application process are excluded from support.
– We prefer projects that have widespread public support.
– Projects that run for a few (in general 2 to 4) years can be supported, but the support will not be permanent.
– Operational deficits, non-project related salaries, living expenses, as well as costs related to the day-to-day running of the organisation may also be covered.
– Your application must be clear and transparent (also) in financial terms. You must provide an investment budget (if applicable), an operating budget and a financing plan.
– Dioraphte also provides support through collaboration with other parties, including private foundations.
– We will not consider applications for financial support for individuals.
– Dioraphte does not provide support to governments, government bodies or institutions subsidised directly or indirectly by a government agency.
– Dioraphte does not support any commercial institutions.
– Dioraphte does not support activities or projects with a predominantly political or religious character.
– You will need to demonstrate at the time of application that you do not have sufficient resources of your own to finance the project. If it emerges at a later stage that you had assets or funds at your disposal, either in your name or in the name of a third party, or any other resources or income when you applied, but did not disclose this in writing then or thereafter; we may withdraw the grant and demand repayment of any financial support granted.
– We will not consider Pre-Applications that you submit by regular email or regular mail (on paper). We will also not consider any Pre-Applications which, in our opinion, do not satisfy the general guidelines and criteria. You will not receive a response from us regarding your pre-application.
– We will only process a Complete Application when one of our advisors has invited you to submit it. Complete Applications received unsolicited by regular email or regular mail (‘on paper’) will not be processed.
– To avoid a build-up of Complete Applications, we do not provide any information on Dioraphte’s meeting schedule. You can submit your application at any time. We will then process it. Please allow for a processing time of approximately six months from the pre-application.
– In all cases, the judgment of the Dioraphte board will be binding in granting an application. There is no right of appeal, even if the board does not want to provide reasons for its decision.
– Dioraphte may seek the advice of a third party on all application and project data provided, without prior consultation and subject to confidentiality.
Advisor(s) and contact
* Above email address(es) are for questions, not for (preliminary) applications
Project administration (applications – reports – payment requests)
After you have received a request from an advisor to submit a complete application, please send it to Inge van Stokkom – Van Veen firstname.lastname@example.org.
You should also send reports and payment requests to email@example.com. Submitting preliminary applications and unsolicited complete applications to postbus@dioraphte is not appreciated. You will not receive a response.